I Can See the Start of Something...

This week I got kind of excited about this online class/teaching idea.  As I began making the "map" two things came into focus:

The first was that I saw it begin to take shape in my mind.  I got a vision for what this could look like. Until this point, I was basically scratching my head and feeling overwhelmed.  I am still overwhelmed in that I have no idea how to use any of the technology, but I can see it coming to life in my head.  I think this is the major obstacle to overcome.

The second revelation was that I found great peace in seeing how "my" style and pedagogical approach can fit within an online setting.  When reading and viewing examples, I kept trying to "fit" myself into other molds and I was having trouble seeing how that was going to work.  As I brainstormed and sketched out my draft for the map I was able to organize my thoughts in a way that reflected how I think and teach.

I know I have the hard work of learning the tools and hitting the right buttons still ahead of me, but I think the existential anxiety is mostly dissipated.  Now I'm just ready to figure out how to make this thing go.

  

Comments

  1. Jon, I appreciate your honesty. I think many of us felt this way (at least I did). The thought of putting our own practices and thoughts into an online format seems very clunky at first but as we start to iron things out, things begin to click.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment